Indoor Mold will Eat Your Money Too

Mold will eat your money in addition to being ugly. Many people think mold is just an ugly thing but mold feeds on natural materials. Mold as much as it wants as long as the environment is right for it to grow and spread spores.

Mold loves to eat:
  • Plants
  • Paints
  • Carpets
  • Clothing
  • Rugs
  • Wood
  • Caulk
  • Sheetrock …and more.
It is important to understand how to control and prevent mold and moisture in your home in order to prevent mold from taking hold. Below are a few good resources about indoor mold: Guide to Basic Mold Information and Prevention:
  • The key to mold control is moisture control.
  • If mold is a problem in your home, you should clean up the mold promptly and fix the water problem.
  • It is important to dry water-damaged areas and items within 24-48 hours to prevent mold growth.
Why is mold growing in my house? Mold is growing in your house due to excessive moisture, heat, and material to eat. Molds reproduce by means of tiny spores; the spores are invisible to the naked eye and float through outdoor and indoor air. Mold may begin growing indoors when mold spores land on surfaces that are wet and warm. There are many types of mold, and none of them will grow without moisture and the right temperatures. Can mold cause health problems? Possibly. Molds are usually not a problem at low levels for healthy individuals. At higher concentrations molds have the potential to cause (sometimes serious) health problems. Molds cause common allergic reactions, irritants, and in some cases, potentially toxic poisoning. Inhaling or touching mold or mold spores will cause allergic reactions in sensitive individuals. Allergic responses include:
  • Sneezing
  • Runny nose
  • Red eyes
  • Skin rash (dermatitis).
Allergic reactions to mold are common and often undetected. They can be immediate or delayed. Molds can also cause asthma attacks in people with asthma. In addition, mold exposure can irritate the eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs of both mold-allergic and non-allergic people. Symptoms other than the allergic and irritant types are not commonly reported as a result of inhaling mold. Research on mold and health effects is ongoing. For more detailed information consult a health professional. You may also wish to consult your state or local health department. How do I get rid of mold? The best way to protect against mold is to prevent its occurrence. It is possible to dramatically decrease the mold spores indoors by installing a targeted air quality system. Molds can gradually destroy the things they grow on. You can prevent health problems, costly repairs, and damage to your home and furnishings, save money, and avoid potential health problems by controlling moisture and eliminating mold growth.
Follow

Get every new post on this blog delivered to your Inbox.

Join other followers: